Case # 140311 (Private Client) Saratoga County, New York
In March 2014, the client contacted Director Horton of possible paranormal activity happening at her residence located in Saratoga County, New York (address withheld due to confidentiality).
- Some of the claims include the following:
- Seeing a shadow apparition on at least one occasion.
- Feelings of unease or being watched while in her bedroom.
- Hearing footsteps consistently walking next to her bed.
- Feelings of being touched while in her residence.
- The apartment complex is a senior housing complex, in which this investigation took place and was built in 1975 on 5.14 acres with 100 units.
- Archaeological discoveries in the area have shown evidence of Native American hunting and fishing activities dating back approximately to 4000 BC. Native Americans remained in the area until the arrival of European powers in the 18th century.
- This area has a rich history in Native American, British and the Quakers all residing along the river in which this property is close to. Due to the extreme temperatures, fires and wars that took place in the region may be the reason many souls may not be at rest causing said activity.
The area of focus for us was the bedroom to the west. The EVP sessions in that bedroom, had direct correlation of flashlight activity, the flashlights appeared to be responding directly and efficiently to questions that were being asked.
Two instances, back to back of Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) were recorded. EVP's are not heard by the human ear however are recorded on electronic recording devices, or analog recording devices provided that a source of white noise (static noise) is present during recording sessions.
The EVPs are Class A in nature and seemed to be intelligent as both voices reacted to Steve Kannes instructing the flashlight to be turned off after it responded to a question.
All in all, over 20 hours of recorded data was taken in our 4 hour session, using the employ of multiple forms of media, including an all-spectrum video, in which the video is shot in all spectrums of light. Several different types of digital recorders, including one HD recorder.
After reviewing the readings, we surmised that the typewriter was emitting huge amounts of EMF. During our investigation we unplugged the typewriter, as not to let the EMF contaminate our bodies' sense.
At the conclusion, not having a huge amount of personal experiences we instructed the client to remove the typewriter from the area and leave unplugged until it needs to be used, due to what EMF contamination can have on the body and the fact that spirits can use that energy to amp up activity.
Since we are dealing with a multiple unit senior housing complex, we cannot rule out that the spirit voices we captured on EVP were that of previous tenants that have passed, or loved ones that have passed.
Since the removal of the typewriter, the client has reported that the activity has dramatically diminished to practically nothing at all.
Personal Experiences by Team Members
Stacey Horton, Director and Deneen Kannes, Historian both thought they had observed an orb while conducting one of several sessions during the evening. Stacey observed a shadow move from the side of the flashlight to the chair by the window.
That concludes the evenings personal experiences.
*** Note**** The only fluctuation in the bedroom was the electric typewriter. When plugged in, it emitted a fluctuation from 14mG – 43mG. Unplugged, it was a 0.0mG.
Entrance door area
All rooms had exterior wall readings of 0.0mG with the exception of the electrical panel which was 5.7mG. This reading was not unusual and not dangerously high. However, in the bedroom, the typewriter, when plugged in made the K-2 read at its highest reading.
When the other instrument was used to measure mG, the typewriter read and astounding 38-44 mG. Very high for any electrical appliance.